cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asp
Mentor

Broadband not Activated

I recently moved into a new home and had signed up for NOW broadband on 11th March with 05th April as the activation date. 

It is 13th April today and the broadband is not activated yet and no ETA.

The previous owners had a working BT phone line and BT broadband and NOW had confirmed that an engineer visit would not be required to activate NOW broadband on 05th April. So it sounded very straightforward. 

8 days later, no one at NOW has a clue. Initial 72 hour SLA for fix had changed to a week SLA and I was informed today that I would get an 'update' on 17th. That doesn't give me any confidence and being a new customer to Now, I don't know what to expect. 

Is this normal to wait weeks after the promised activation date with NOW? Does anyone know how best to resolve? 

Thanks in advance 

7 REPLIES 7
chilli2
Elite

You can try a little digging to see if theres a big problem.

Is the cabinet full?

Are you in a copper stop sell area?

put your details in here, and then let us know what you get ( branded as BT but it uses openreaches data base)

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

asp
Mentor

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the formatting. This is what the Openreach site responded with

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean) 

VDSL Range B (Impacted) 

8071.5201965.9AvailableAvailable
8069.3201962.6AvailableAvailable
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33050--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 2.5--1 to 4Available
Up to 2.5Up to 0.51 to 4Available
Up to 2--1 to 3.5Available
1----Available
1----Available
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability DateWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 2.5--1 to 4Available
Up to 2--1 to 4Available
Up to 1--1 to 3.5--
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available

Jayach
Elite 3

It looks like you should be able to get an excellent FTTC connection.

Unfortunately only Now can tell you why that is not happening. Are you contacting them on the phone number in the link below:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Are you sure the router is connected correctly at your end?

asp
Mentor

Thanks for the info Jayach. 

Yes.. I have been calling that NOW helpline diligently for 9 days now and they are clueless and helpless, blaming Open reach for not giving NOW the info about what may be wrong or when it may be fixed.

And yes. The router is connected correctly to the best of my knowledge. I get a Green (power), orange (Internet) , green (wireless) light.

Thanks again for all inputs here

redchiz1
Champion 2

This looks like yet another mess up at the Openreach end of things. Which is why NOW will be as uninformed as you are. Just keep chasing. You will be entitled to automatic compensation as and when the service goes live. 

asp
Mentor

This is now sorted folks. The broadband is up and running and looks good. 

Thanks once again for all of the inputs/guidance provided on this forum. ~13 days without internet and the whole family really felt it!

Thanks again

redchiz1
Champion 2

Glad to know it's sorted and I am sure we all feel your pain!