cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rojjjjjjj
Advocate

Broadband drops when it rains

I've had Now Broadband for a few months with acceptable performance. I have noticed however I get frequent service interruptions when it rains. This is enough to drop the Internet connection. I never had these issues at the property when I was supplied by Virgin but this has been the case since migrating to Now.

Will I require an engineer to visit?

Many thanks 

R

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Rojjjjjjj 

have you done any troubleshooting based on the below link?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Using the same link you can check your line to see if it gives any information.

If all that fails call the broadband team using the number from the below link.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Rojjjjjjj
Advocate

Many thanks, I have restarted the hub and performed a line check. I spoke to support last night and they have escalated to their network team. 

After the rain overnight I can confirm the service dropped 2-3 times. 

Do you have any ideas on the resolution SLA and their response? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Rojjjjjjj 

Not a problem, glad to have helped. It has been 5 years since I was a broadband customer with NOW, even then I didn't have many issues. So I cannot really comment on personal experience. 

Maybe best to give them a call daily just to force the update?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Rojjjjjjj 

Broadband that drops when it rains is due to water ingress in the Openreach ducting somewhere between the cabinet and your home.

Although not ideal, water ingress does not affect fibre to the home such as Virgin provide, or indeed Openreach fibre to the home, but it can severely degrade, or even short out, the copper cabling, as used on all Now Broadband circuits, as well as FTTC links provided by other broadband suppliers.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.