cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sims
Advocate

Broadband dropping out

I've had an issue for the last couple months now. My Internet keeps dropping out and the only way to fix it is to reset the router, I've emailed nowtv and they said its a WiFi signal issue but my TV is connected to the router with a cable and all the lights are staying green when it's saying there's no Internet 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sims 

See this thread. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/No-internet/m-p/595103#M15850

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sims
Advocate

There's no issue with the line I'm not sure if it's the router but I've tried a different now tv one and had the same issue

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sims 

Then call the broadband team to get them to send out an OpenReach engineer?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Sims 

If all the lights on the router stay green, they are likely to say the issue is beyond the router, and thus outside their purview.

My next step after turning off IP6, if that were not effective, would be to try a different Ethernet cable, CAT 6 or better, from router to TV.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Sims 

Try disabling IP6 in the router.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.