cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband buddy

How do I disable this feature? I have no clue how to turn this off and every time I click the broadband buddy settings on the site, it redirects me to a different page regarding the now tv parental settings. I no longer have the tv streaming service and only pay for the brpadband, therefore I do not need this. I've tried looking for a confirmation email, however the first email that was sent to me does not have any appropriate links to click on. Is there any other way to cancel the broadband buddy, or do I have to call the helpline? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Switching Off Broadband Buddy for me was straight forward by going to My Account > Settings & Pins whilst logged in on here if you are the account holder.

More information here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-and-manage-broadband-buddy 

You could try a different internet browser if for some reason Broadband Buddy doesn't turn off for you.

Though i have heard a couple of cases in the past where a few customers couldn't turn off Broadband Buddy themselves for some unknown reason and the only way it got resolved was to contact the NowTV  Broadband Team who had to remotely disable Broadband Buddy their end on the account holders behalf.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to disable it through my accounts and I am the account holder but for some reason it's still not letting me access the correct page. I shall try to contact Now TV staff, although I am finding godfather difficult too. The live chat isn't available at the moment and I have sent a complaint and am awaiting the reply.  Do I have to ring a number?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It seems like NowTV are stretched at the moment on all methods of communication due to the coronavirus crises which is understandable to some degree with these uncertain times ahead where i am guessing there are encountering Staff shortage getting into the office.

Live chat is currently not available for TV customers, but i would try the NowTV Broadband Team telephone number on the right hand of the screen in the link below.

You need to be signed in with your Broadband login details to see the telephone number and i would expect the line to be extremely busy with a higher than normal amount of traffic.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/now-broadband-installation-and-setup  

debs2020
Advocate

i have the same issue, cant access the correct page and live chat not working, its driving me mad. HELP

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @debs2020 

If you have signed in on here with your NowTV login Broadband details and under My Account > Manage Account > My Details & Settings > then selecting Settings & Pins and there is no indication or mention of Broadband Buddy or the Buddy option will not switch off or change to your age preference, then phone the NowTV Broadband Team.

There are a number of places under your account to find their telephone number, but to save time use this telephone number in this link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1