cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boardband issue

So for a while now I've had dsl line issues had engineers out all seems fine yet after abit it all starts again.

My SNG Margin after a enginer visit is 3.0, line down speed 58mbps after a weeks its slowly dropping to SNR 0, and the same for the dsl speed slowly droping. Then it will dc then come back and SNR is like 5 and down speed is now 46mbps. 

Any advice I seems to be going in circles?

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Perhaps it’s a fault on the line somewhere like at the cabinet?

Have they done full investigation of the entire line?

Is this down to Ethernet or Wi-Fi?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, They have checked the line as far as I know. 3 engineers have checked the line pulling up man holes etc, 4th did more checks even changed the master socket, with no affect but could not say if they have been to the cab.

I've changed the DSL cable in the house too.

Its like they turn up reset something,  it all come's back then it starts again.

Jayach
Elite 3

I had a similar problem when I joined my current ISP. SNR was constantly varying and causing a reboot if it reached 0. Sometimes it would say up for weeks, then reboot multiple times a day. After a couple of engineer visits they connected me to a different fibre port and it has been perfect ever since. Took 3 months in all to get it fixed, but it's now been great for 2 years.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think there up to something, as before I only had g.inp on the down line with Interleaving. yet today I have up line with g.inp and Interleaving, before it has been fast path, due to this my up speed has increase by 2mb, yet the down is now 46mb SNR margin for down is 5.8. And Interleaving is 16, normaly 4, So will keep eye before calling NOW

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So today up line is back on fast path, and my down is 44mb sng margin 7

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can NOW do a dlm line reset, or only a openreach engineer?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm thinking where I've had power cuts, like someone flicking a switch, on and off quickly, they said it was a tree hitting the power line. Fixed now I hope.

So thinking its probably the DLM in the cab has tripped out, last power cut was for 5hrs. This was about 2 weeks ago. It's that or a line fault thats stopping the DLM rebuilding, yet line tests come back clear.