cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awful Service

I have not used a forum before It would have been good to have read the comments similar to my own BEFORE I left B.T and their proposed 2 year slightly more expensive package for basic phoneline and Super Fibre Broadband than  the NOW one at 12 months for the same deal  but cheaper.

Had I researched it  properly and discovered that BT SKY NOW and OUT REACH (engineers) are all the same company who have a monopoly and whose directors (the money people) make life very difficult to live without the Internet and want us all to sit back take whatever shoddy service  they offer and just PAY.

Yes  had I known what a mistake  it was to change I could have left things as they were  with BT and just waited till my friend  who is 93  Blind Deaf and Housebound no longer needed the Internet for her carers to do their paperwork and organise her medications ect then just stopped paying the bill whatever stage the contract was at when she no longer needed it I wouldn't have been my problem like this is trying to get any kind of help from NOW even to cancel the contract that they have failed for 4 days now to keep and still there is no sign of the Broadband or internet use  NO engineer  having waited for the promised one from 8am - 6pm today and knowing there will be none over weekend . Left hanging for 20 minutes to try and speak to someone to cancel I've given up Looks like my friend who has already paid her first months payment will have to pay  a lot each month  for nothing but a working phone line  I don't know what to do now but give up

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Would say shop about but if you had a good  reliable service with BT i would consider switching back to them and try to haggle a deal.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

Had I researched it  properly and discovered that BT SKY NOW and OUT REACH (engineers) are all the same company who have a monopoly and whose directors (the money people) make life very difficult to live without the Internet and want us all to sit back take whatever shoddy service  they offer and just PAY.

Your research is wrong. Now and Sky are the same, as are BT and Openreach (along with PlusNet and EE)

But the 2 groups are completely different. Although most ISPs use Openreach's cables/fibre.

redchiz1
Champion 2

If you/your friend are having issues getting the broadband service up and running then try the complaints number on 0800 759 1213.

Jayach
Elite 3

Or, if there is any specific advice the forum could offer you, just ask.