cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone else’s broadband down in Cardiff?

Also where do we get real-time service updates?

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, we are having trouble too 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has been down in Swansea since yesterday afternoon. As expected, no customer service from NowTV. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There have been other like minded customers trying to help out in @RoyB @schnapps 

Where @schnapps  has kindly posted a picture from the Twitter page of Sky as they run on the same network.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Down in Penarth since 9pm last night - I’m seeing an incident number (INC1825587) on my account service checker now but expected resolution date/time

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Perhaps calling the broadband team to see if they have an update from OpenReach?

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/my-broadband-or-calls-arent-working-as-expec...

NOW Broadband customers can get in touch anytime between 8am–11pm.

Call us 0330 041 2480
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I tried calling them last night I found the support line is shutting at 8pm, not 11pm. They're doing the "linked to Covid" thing.

Frustrating as this is  - as I thought support was available continuously - it didn't make any difference for me;

My internet broke at around 8:20pm last night and, after trying the usual checks/reboots, I called support after 10pm - so they had already gone home by the time it broke.

Also, as I understand from what I've read here, it's a BT Openreach fault so the helpline staff have no power to do anything about it and are probably just as in the dark as us waiting for updates from BT.

It sucks to lose the internet - it really should be more resilient.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

...and yes, I did manage to set up my mobile as a hotspot - but I have an unlimited data plan so no surprise costs there. However, it gives me 6 Mb/s instead of the usual 30 and I haven't worked out how to link to my desktop computer and, as I haven't played online in the last few days, steam won't verify me and I'm locked out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes mine been off in barry since last night my kids going nuts 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use your phone as a hotspot until the internet is resolved. 

Use the post directly up from yours to get in touch with NOW for an update.