cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Watch until" missing from all films and some shows since update to interface (which is slower now)

On my BT YouView box, which received an update to the NOW app, there no longer appears to be any way of knowing when a film (and in some cases, tv shows) will expire.

In the previous version, when navigating through the items on my watch list, any expiry date was shown below the description without even having to select it.

I hope we can have this feature back, as I have no idea what will disappear and when. Putting them in order of expiry date would help too, with those closest to their deletion date at the top.

The interface is a lot slower since the update. It can take 3-4 seconds for a button press to do anything, and when starting a programme, the blue circle remains longer than before, blocking the video for a few seconds, but not the audio.

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is your billing with BT directly for any of your NOW memberships?

If so you’ll need to contact BT to get this resolved. 
Otherwise all I could suggest is to delete the app if you can or set the box to factory settings. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't have a BT membership for NOW TV. I signed up directly via the website.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What happens if under your Watchlist you click on the View all section?

If no leaving dates are showing, as a test try adding the movies Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and Sabrina which I know are leaving NOW soon.

You could also use this useful website link for dates.

https://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/movies.php

I haven't got access to my BT Youview box to test at the moment.

With regards to the playback issues have you tried a power reboot on both your Router and Youview box. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I should have clarified that the watchlist (the one you get when you click "view all")  is where I no longer see the expiry dates.

I know some of the movies are leaving soon, as they said as much on the previous version.

Fallen Kingdom isn't showing in the search results, but Sabrina is, so I clicked it and yes, it showed the expiry date BUT, when I added it to my watchlist and clicked it from within there, no expiry date is shown.

That list of dates is very helpful, thanks.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just tried the Watchlist "View All" method described above that used to work on my Roku and doesn't show the leaving soon dates anymore 😡.

This method still seems to work on my smartphone NOW App though.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

From the Watchlist grid row or view all section pages you need to click on the movie thumbnails to bring up any additional information about if this particular movie is leaving soon which is not ideal.

I agree NOW should revert back to the old format of indicating if any content is leaving soon from just viewing the Watchlist grid row or view all section without any further clicks on the remote to see if a movie is leaving soon or not..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No expiry date when I click individual films from within my watchlist but they do show when selecting a search result.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Should have added when navigating and highlighting any thumbnail on the NOW App (not only your Watchlist section) that NOW should clearly inform customers when content is leaving soon.

It used to work that way, where movies was highlighted in purple text when film's was coming closer to it's leaving date from the main screen pages without additional clicks on your remote.