cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible low frame rate judder on samsung

OK people I have now tv on my series 7 65" samsung tv and the frame rate/judder when panning across the scenery is terrible, to the point I paid for the boost to see if that would sort it but it doesnt. Netflix and disney plus however run smooth as butter.

I have tried to run it through my xbox one and ps4, although it's slightly better on them it is still not good. However when I run it on my series 5 50" samsung tv it is perfect but that's not good enough just on one tv.

Has anyone got any idea what's going on or has the same problem? There are no options within the app to change the hertz or anything and I noticed it says the latest update of the app is 2019!

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It seems to me your Samsung TV is having trouble frame matching against its native screen panel, where you have mentioned it's not only the inbuilt NOW App plus external HDMI devices are also causing micro stuttering with this TV.

You said your other Samsung TV (different model) plays fine on both the native NOW App and with your Games Consoles which again it points towards your 7 series Samsung TV panel that needs looking into,rather than the NOW App itself. 

I don't own a Samsung TV, but see if there is a setting in the TV menu for "Film Mode" and if so try switching it off when watching 25fps or 50fps content (if your Samsung TV does have this feature, it might be only available when using an external HDMI device connected to the TV and be only applicable to a low resolution interlaced signal).

You could also experiment with the TV Motion Settings or switch all Motion processing off and perhaps try "Game Mode" on your television.

I don't own either a PlayStation or Xbox, but go into the Games Console settings and see if there is a way to force 50hz.

You really need to contact Samsung UK TV help support, and i don't think your issue is NOW App related.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

All I have is PlayStation 5 now, currently out for the day. So hopefully will remember to check when I get home.

There are a load of settings that you can force the console to set at. Can’t see it being an issue to change the hz. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help