cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible low frame rate judder on samsung

OK people I have now tv on my series 7 65" samsung tv and the frame rate/judder when panning across the scenery is terrible, to the point I paid for the boost to see if that would sort it but it doesnt. Netflix and disney plus however run smooth as butter.

I have tried to run it through my xbox one and ps4, although it's slightly better on them it is still not good. However when I run it on my series 5 50" samsung tv it is perfect but that's not good enough just on one tv.

Has anyone got any idea what's going on or has the same problem? There are no options within the app to change the hertz or anything and I noticed it says the latest update of the app is 2019!

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this with Live TV or on demand? 

Is your connection Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

Do you have boost?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens if you watch something such has the BBC iPlayer App on the television which has a 50hz playback, where it sounds to me the Samsung TV is playing back 60hz fine (ie Netflix & Disney +) and isn't automatically playing 50hz and rendering it at 60hz hence the judder.

Also if you have an external device over HDMI and can force the output in the HDMI device settings to 50hz, then when you press the TV info button on the remote does it show 50hz or 60hz.

I don't own a Samsung TV myself, but there is a long 40 plus page thread in this link below from the Samsung Forum about judder (though the headline is 2020 TV a couple of replies have reported older models too).

Also i am guessing you have tried unplugging the power to the television for about 2 minutes, making sure the television software and Apps are up to date.

Plus maybe try a full factory reset on the television (write down the settings if it's been calibrated).

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-2020-series-tv-motion-judder-stutter-frame-rate-firmware/td-p/2006495 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bbc iplayer is fine, as is netflix and disney plus. But I have the same problem on discovery+ and britbox. I will try the power off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried all the stuff mentioned above and nothing solves the problem. Also you cannot delete the now tv app as uts one of the core apps that come with the tv. It's unacceptable to have such a glitch frame rate. Bring back VHS

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Because you can see judder on both Discovery + and Britbox, plus NOW then it sounds like you need to contact Samsung TV support.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As mentioned by @schnapps try setting your Tv back to factory settings.

Is your TV connected via Ethernet? As this will be a more reliable connection than Wi-Fi.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thing is, why does ut stilll maintain the poor frame rate even through the hdmi using xbox or PlayStation?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You need to confirm if your connection is Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

As I’ve noticed with NOW it’s much more reliable when you have an Ethernet connection.

Also might sound daft and you probably do, but you need a minimum connection of 12MB when you have boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My connection is wireless but it is running at 98mbps with virgin media. I have tried it wirered and get the same result. Although the frame rare is much improved by running through ps4, there is a small glitch every few minutes.

If I run it through xbox one s the frame rate is not perfect but better however the sound is slightly out of sync.

The only thing it runs properly on is my series 5 samsung tv