cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomElson
Advocate

Stream randomly disconnects and shows error since app moved to native apple playback

Interested to see if anyone else is suffering from this. My live streams of Sky Sports often randomly stop and display the below error:

Sorry! Unable to play requested content at the moment, please try again later.

I have 3 Apple TV 4K boxes and this happens on all of them. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to why it stops steaming, sometimes it can stream for hours and other times minutes before it comes up. The stream can immediately be restarted once I clear the error. I don't think it can be my network as I do not get this in either the Samsung TV app or on my laptop. 

It feels like this has only started happening since the app was updated to use the native apple tv playback features. Interested to see if anyone else has experienced this?

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TomElson 

Out of curiosity, are you using boost and or any of the boxes connected via Ethernet?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
TomElson
Advocate

I do have boost and all three boxes are connected via Ethernet to a gigabit internet connection. I don’t see any issues with streaming on any other app including discovery+ with their live sport. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TomElson 

Assuming you’ve done the usual, ensure the box is updated with the latest TVOS, delete and reinstall the app, last but not least unplugging the router for a few minutes?

Best to report with staff via live chat. Make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/problems-watching-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help