cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MIN8
Advocate

Sorry, NOW is currently unavailable on ALL devices

The above message is displayed on all our smart TVs and fire sticks. All updates have been executed on devices and I’ve logged out of all devices. This has been an issue for at least 2 months so I’m cancelling. The help bot doesn’t help and there’s no number to call.

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MIN8 

Have you done a power down of your router for approx 30 minutes?

You need live chat, not ‘Get help quicker’ which is a bot. As for number to call, there is but only for broadband.

For live chat, make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/problems-watching-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@MIN8 

Who is your ISP?

Have you tried rebooting your router?

Have you tried, as a test, trying to watch Now on your devices, using a mobile phone as a WiFi hotspot instead of your ISP connection? (This will bypass any landline broadband issues.)

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Nitro
Scholar 3

@MIN8 watching on web right now. so this is incorrect. Check your network

worsleybaz
Advocate

@MIN8- Do you perhaps have a pi.hole runnimg or other filtered DNS proxy on your network??

I've had this issue for a few weeks, and I've tracked it to my pi.hole ad blocker.

I was previously uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my smart TV, clearing data also worked... but would only clear the issue for a day or two.

The app is calling out to somewhere periodically on startup, which causes this problem. I've not yet got to the bottom of exactly which domain is causing the issue...

If you have a pi.hole try disabling it for 30 seconds via the admin screen and the try the nowtv app again.