cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kajagoogoo

Sony Bravia issues

I have two Sony Bravia TVs.  I easily installed the app on one and can use it no problem.  On the other TV I either get a message saying the service is not available in my area (the UK  - it is) or it takes me to an Italian version where I cant login with my login details.  Anyone know whats going on with the second TV?  Both bought this year.  Thanks. K

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @kajagoogoo 

Does the TV in question show the UK terrestrial Apps such has BBC iPlayer, ITX-X etc ?

Are you using a VPN on the TV ?

I would also try unplugging the mains power to the TV for around 2 minutes to see if it then points you to the Google Play UK store.

See if there is anything in the Sony TV settings for different regions and if not maybe try a factory reset and set up the Sony TV again from scratch.

RoyB
Legend

@kajagoogoo 

If you are coming back, please bring the TV model numbers, where you got them from, and which version of Android or GoogleTV each is running.

The model numbers will reveal, among other things, the model year, and this may be significant.

I take it they are both connected to the same router. But by what, Ethernet or WiFi?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
kajagoogoo
The TV is a Sony XR-55A80J Model is given as Bravia 4K-VH2. The Android TV OS version is 10. Bought from John Lewis.

I hope that helps
K
RoyB
Legend

@kajagoogoo 

It ought not to be doing that then 😢

While the universal panacea with Sony Android TVs is the Factory Reset, as suggested by @schnapps , try holding down the On/Off Button on the TV remote for just over five seconds, which will make it soft reboot.

If this works, it will save you from redoing a lot of setting up.

If not, the second panacea is to find out if you are on the latest Sony software for the set, and update it if not.

If still not getting Now properly though, the Factory Reset awaits 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.