cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damian
Observer

Sony Bravia TV Sign In Problem

When trying to sign into the Now app (clicking on "Sign In") on my TV I receive the message "Unable to load sign in, please try again later

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Damian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Damian

Are you using a VPN either on your TV or Router?

If so switch off the VPN. 

If you have any other NOW playback devices are you having the same sign in issue problem with the App. 

Maybe also try a fresh App download and unplug the power to the TV for about 2 minutes before attempting to sign in on the NOW App. 

If you have mobile data perhaps try a wifi hotspot with your phone just to see if it let's you sign in on your TV. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Damian

Are you using a VPN either on your TV or Router?

If so switch off the VPN. 

If you have any other NOW playback devices are you having the same sign in issue problem with the App. 

Maybe also try a fresh App download and unplug the power to the TV for about 2 minutes before attempting to sign in on the NOW App. 

If you have mobile data perhaps try a wifi hotspot with your phone just to see if it let's you sign in on your TV. 

webyoo
Advocate

I cant log into my account and have had to setup another account to access forum.

Just keep getting the message "Unable to load sign in, please try again later." This has been for days now. The irony is I have setup a new account that works on all of the devices used with my old account. Fact, the problem is not with any of my devices, browsers or ignorance. This has to be a malfunction at the Now TV end who seem to be intentionally blocking my old account - maybe due to it being a special deal!!! They are just launching last series of Succession, prime time for full price subscriptions. Why waste bandwidth on cheapskates. I cant cancel my old account or remove the non-requested boost payment that is more than the cost of the package special deal. Call me cynical but what else can it be?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@webyoo 

Have you cleared the app data and cache on the TV?

What about unplugging the TV and router for a few minutes?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
webyoo
Advocate

Many thanks helping. 

I have done all those things. The new account works on all devices with no problems. Surely this means the problem is with Now.

webyoo
Advocate

I simply can't get into the old account to make any changes or watch programs. I have changed password. The new account works fine on all devices. I wonder in it is blocked for some reason maybe a security issue 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@webyoo 

What I would do is email support and ask for that old account to be closed. That way it removes any hassle. See below picture for the email address.

4A050633-043C-41CB-8ACC-B1C17DF94D47.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
webyoo
Advocate

Thank you that's a great idea. Really appreciate advice.