cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ram1
Mentor

Sky Box Office on Apple TV

Hi,

I currently have an Apple TV 4K box attached to my TV. I use it to watch sky sports via NOW and i have a separate TNT sports subscription via Discovery+.

However, there is no option to watch Sky Box Office events via Now, nor is there a dedicated app. I've always had to connect my tv and laptop using a USB C to HDMI cable to watch on the big screen for pay-per-view events on Sky.

But this not the the issue on TNT. You can watch PPV in the discovery app as there is a side menu option.

Do Sky and Now have any plans to allow customers to watch these events on Apple TV without the need to connect my external laptop?

I also use Sonos One Airplay system too, so ideally want the sound to work. Would be great for when i have friends over for a big boxing event.

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@ram1 

If you can get hold of a pre-loved Now Stick, off eBay or similar, if you haven’t got one lying about, that offers the Sky Box Office app.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ram1
Mentor
Thanks @RoyB

Do you know if the Now stick would work with Sonos?

I suspect no, as it hasn’t got airplay built into the stick

RoyB
Legend

@ram1 

You plug the stick into the TV, as you no doubt do with the Apple TV box.

Has your TV got Airplay?

If not, how do you enhance the sound from your TV, typically done with a soundbar over (e)ARC?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.