Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung monitor - firmware update

Anyone use a monitor to watch Now TV

SAMSUNG LS32AM500NUXEN

when I now load now tv it states I need to update my firmware.

i have downloaded the latest update from Samsung but still no luck ? 

any suggestions ?  

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

This is a known and reported problem that has started recently, and is apparently with Samsung to fix.

There is a scenario where the Now app on Samsung TVs can determine that a Samsung firmware update is needed, and will suggest it is made, but the suggestion seems to be being triggered inappropriately, when such an update isn’t needed, and indeed doesn’t exist.

We will just have to wait for Samsung and Now to resolve this, it seems.

Can you get Now on a Stick, or some other device, in the meantime? 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got hold of Samsung yesterday as my error message was "Sorry , Now is not currently available.

We did a system reboot and it was working last night for the match . Then latter (and now) got the whirling wheel similar to the apple icon.

No explanation Now does not seem to have a fix and its part of SKY.

Very frustrating BT sport much much better functionality. 

Going to cancel Now 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’m getting that one, same as you. at present.

Now comes and goes on my just-about-still-supported 2015 Samsung UE55JS9000. Samsung advised me to unplug the TV for two minutes, pressing the On button on the back of the TV to help the electrons die.

I usually CBA, and just start Now on the connected Roku Stick instead.

But what we are both experiencing here is not the ‘Update Firmware’ issue; just that Now is flakier than Cadbury’s popular confection 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi RoyB , could not agree more and they are part of Sky !
I needed to subscribe as my apartment block is listed and would not allow a dish but its frustrating to want to watch the football and as you say it flakes !

Not sure what the solution is apart from voting with my feet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

App previously saying needs Firmware update for TV for last month, previously worked fine. App saying tonight no longer supported and needs to be removed - it it was and no longer available in App Store to download. Disappointing as one of the reasons I bought this less than a year ago was to watch NOWTV on as you cannot cast from device to monitor either

Any suggestions/advice

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of the post by The Community Manager on this linked thread below, where NOW had to temporary remove the App.

Because i don't work for NOW i have no idea when the App will be reinstated.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Other-Apps/NOW-app-requesting-firmware-update/m-p/571494#M3504