cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grugsteady
Mentor

Roku 8.0.1 app can't sign in

The Roku app updated today and I was signed out. Now when I try to sign in I'm getting error saying my account isn't setup properly and to go to account.nowtv.com.

My account seems fine. I signed in through web browser. I also get a notification of about new sign-in for the Roku even though it is not completing the sign in.

App deleted and reinstalled. Roku rebooted as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Grugsteady 

Somebody over on NOW Twitter had the same exact problem and they removed the NOW App on their Roku device and reinstalled it again, then they signed backed into the NOW App and it let them straight in without an error.

I know you said in the first post you done this already, but maybe have another go and try again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Grugsteady 

I received the new NOW App update myself today on my Roku Stick Plus, but I am still logged into the NOW App.

If you are seeing a QR scan code or a message from the NOW App screen to go to the NOW website then can you click on the message by pressing the OK button on the remote to clear it and then click on the gear wheel icon top right of the NOW App screen to re enter your existing NOW login details.

Or are you doing this already ?

Grugsteady
Mentor

@Hi @@schnapps 

I'm already doing that.

Since the update the first screen I get is to go to nowtv.com/roku. I close that and I get the general nowtv screen but I'm not logged in. I select the log wheel and get the username screen. Next password screen but when I complete the password I get a red message from the top saying my account is not setup and to visit account.nowtv.com

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Grugsteady 

Won't be able to help much further sorry.

Maybe double check the username (not forum name) or email address and password when entering your details in the gear wheel icon section of the NOW App.

Also perhaps double check your bank card details on the NOW system.

Have you got any other playback devices that hasn't had the new update to see if your NOW Memberships still plays ?

If other playback devices on your home network is also causing a problem then double check your Router IP address location is in the UK (assuming you are a UK NOW customer).

Should you be going around in circles then see if live chat can assist further by clicking on the green chat online button towards the top of this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Grugsteady 

I just tested the new NOW update on my NOW black box in the Spare Bedroom.

I was kept signed in on my box after I performed the new update but has a test I signed out on the box.

What I noticed is the on screen keyboard layout has changed and when clicking on the number / special characters button is a lot different to before and you need to be careful and double check what is being entered in the display box.

Personally I don't like the new on screen keyboard layout when typing where mistakes could easily be made.

Though I didn't have no problems signing into my NOW box again after entering my NOW login credentials.

Hope you get it resolved somehow.

Post back if you have sorted it and how you managed to fixed it, which might help others in the same boat.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Grugsteady 

Somebody over on NOW Twitter had the same exact problem and they removed the NOW App on their Roku device and reinstalled it again, then they signed backed into the NOW App and it let them straight in without an error.

I know you said in the first post you done this already, but maybe have another go and try again.

Grugsteady
Mentor

Thanks. It seems to be working now. They must have fixed what was causing the login issues 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Grugsteady 

There was a new version of 8.0.2 pushed out overnight.

Maybe this patch fixed it for you.

Anyway glad you can login / access the NOW App again on your Roku.