cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T0ny
Advocate

Philips TV compatibility

I am considering buying a Philips 50 PUS8807 or 8897 smart tv.  However, I cannot find anywhere that definitively confirms that you can download/use the Now TV app.  Does anyone know if it’s compatible please?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @T0ny 

If it's a Philips Android  Smart TV running Android version 9 onwards then it should have the native NOW App from the Google Play Apps Store.

Hopefully a forum member who owns this particular TV set or the older model will confirm the above.

T0ny
Advocate

Thank you for responding so promptly.

T0ny
Advocate

I contacted Philips who responded “We can confirm "Now TV App" is not available in the Google Play Store. You would have several ways to use this app on the TV.

1.  Casting/mirroring from and external device such as a phone or tablet.
2. Using an external device such as a Fire TV stick or a Google Chromecast. 
3. Installing the APK if they have developed one. ”

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @T0ny 

I am sure when I sold my Philips 58PUS8545/12 to my Sister and was at her house last, where under the Google Play Store on the TV there was a native NOW App that you could install.

My Sister is not that technical and asks me from time to time to setup something on her TV, where if i phoned her to check she wouldn't have a clue.

When I am at her house next I will double check.

Hopefully a forum member who sees this thread who owns either of the Philips smart Android TV models you have specified will confirm either way.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @T0ny 

Or do your local Currys have either Philips TV on the sales floor running and if so ask them is the TV connected to the internet to check out the Google Apps Store.

RoyB
Legend

@T0ny 

I asked on Amazon, just got this:-

IMG_1106.jpeg

though I think this might be you? 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.