cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV app not working again after Roku update

Since Roku express plus updated on 22 April, NowTV app has refused to work.

spent a couple of hours online with Roku support and tried all the fixes - remove app, rebooting, reinstalling, etc, etc

The fixes suggested from NowTV also don’t fix

It appears the NowTV app needs an update to make it comparable with the latest Roku Plus update

The app works fine on other platforms 

Could @Anonymous User investigate and advise

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, I was hoping to avoid contacting them but that's probably all I can do now. Thanks for your help, it's really appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m still waiting for them to get back to me, it’s been nearly a week.

My Roku updated overnight to V11.0.0 Build 4193-50 AND

NowTV has updated to V6.7 Build 1 ……. But sadly still not working even after deleting, reading and various system reboots along the way 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ links to members having the same issue. Rebooted everything several times without success. Messaged now TV through FB and still waiting for a response 🙁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any response yet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My advice would be don't update the working stick if you can avoid it. 

My old stick is still working for NowTV

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Have you tried a full reset of the non-working device?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’ll be my last resort

i’ve got a call in with customer service via email atm - I’m waiting a response

Anonymous User
Not applicable

no reply to my email request for help updating my app. Pressing star key 5 times does not access system nenu

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ Just to let everyone know - I still have no working NowTV on my Roku express.

By the time Now got back to me I was on holiday and they closed my call in my absence, so I need to star again.

Both Roku & Now have updated the software since the first failure manifested itself, sadly it hasn’t corrected the issue.

I have carried out uninstalls, reinstalls, restarts and factory resets, all to no avail

And now, the All4 has also stopped working

i had an old Roku stick that work briefly … until it updated 

I am now reliant on a very old Roku stick that appears to be too old to update, and is still working … except for Disney+ which only works in the newer sticks

I have a couple of ideas around the account - so I will try logging out, factory reset & log back in and if that doesn’t work, I’ll try creating a new account … after that, I’ll probably just admit that I will have to spend time switching between sticks &/or TVs depending on which channel I want to watch

if anyone has managed to fix this issue or got a response from Now &/or Roku which has solved it, I’d be very interested to hear about it 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi mate, do you have a PiHole? I discovered after a LONG time that it was my PiHole conflicting with the NowTV app in particular. So annoying!