cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NathRSW
Advocate

Now tv on samsung TV thinks im abroad. Driving me crazy...

For some reason this week NowTV wont work on my TV.

it works fine on my phone and tablet using the same internet (BeFibre) but NowTv app doesnt work on my samsung TV and xbox. It's says I am in another region. I have checked my ip with What Is My IP Address and it says I am im the UK. Although i get a notification for nowtv in my email that says im in the USA. 

Really need to get it sorted before Saturday as planning to watch the playoffs.

5 REPLIES 5
NathRSW
Advocate

Sorry the error code is OVP_00012

I have tried resetting my router with no luck. All my other apps like netflix, amazon work fine.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @NathRSW 

Seen this reported a few times in the last couple of weeks on here and over on NOW Twitter.

Here's one recent example thread below (don't know if there is anything in the thread link below that helps or not).

If not, perhaps tag the person who created the thread and ask them did they resolve it and if so how.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/IP-address-not-recognised-as-being-in-the-UK/... 

NathRSW
Advocate

Thanks. i came across them when searching but tried all them including restarting router etc. Wondering if the static ip given to me by BeFibre has been blacklisted or something but strange how all the other apps work on TV. Also why does it let me watch it on my phone and tablet even when I use the same Wifi. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@NathRSW 

Daft question, have you tried rebooting your TV and cleared the app cache for NOW?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @NathRSW 

Somebody over on NOW Twitter this week was getting a VPN message saying you are accessing outside the UK with a similar error code OVP_00013 on their Smart TV.

Where they wasn't using any VPN and they said they reset the TV and it cleared the message.

Not sure if they resolved it by unplugging the power to the TV to reboot it, or they tried a new fresh NOW App from the TV Apps Store or they did a full factory reset on the TV.

Perhaps if you are getting nowhere then get in touch with NOW live chat for further assistance and help (though if it was me I would still tag the our NOW forum member on the other link thread I posted asking them did they managed to resolve it).