cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiBob5
Advocate

NOW app on Samsung TV has no sound on Sky News

Hi,

Can someone help, it's been like this for a while, why is there no sound on Sky News HD on the NOW app running on my Samsung TV (2017 TV)? I reckon it's been like this for a month or so. All the other channels are fine, just this one. For info, I have Boost, Entertainment and Sports.

On my Amazon Firestick on another TV, Sky News is fine and with sound.

Any ideas anyone? Is there a fix? I've tried re-logging in, re-installing the app, but no change.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@MiBob5 

This has been reported before, several years ago:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Sky-news-hd/m-p/590924

but no fix is reported there.

The usual fix for issues with Samsung TVs in general is to disconnect them from the mains, unplugging the power brick or One Connect box if there is one, press and hold the power button on the TV for thirty seconds, leave the TV for two further minutes, and plug it back in.

If the issue persists, delete the Now app, repeat the above, and then reload the app from the Samsung App Store.

If it persists still, report it to Samsung Support and to Now Live Chat.

While waiting, download the dedicated Sky News app from the Samsung App Store, and use that directly instead of Now, if you want Sky News.

I use the Sky News app on our Samsung TV because the PQ is actually better than terrestrial 233.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.