cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loading icon stays on Sony Android TV when casting Sports

Hello,

I've been watching NOWTV via the Chromecast function on my new Sony Android TV (KDL43W755CBU). It works really well apart from Live Streaming Sports. The loading icon stays even when the stream is running. I restarted many times over the weekend during the US Open Golf but it always stays.

The problem is not there via my standard Chromecast on another TV.

I'll see if I can post of picture of it once I've done my first post...

Thanks.
Ashley

62 REPLIES 62
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

I uninstalled the NowTV app from my phone, rebooted my internet router with the TV off and rebooted the TV. I've installed the NowTV app on my phone again but I still see the same problem.

Great to hear that someone from the tech team will take a look. It would make me very very happy!

Thanks.

Ashley

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting back to us, sorry that it still persists. Seems like it's got you a spin 😉 sorry for the pun. I will need to ask the tech team about this one and get back to you as soon as I can.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your help.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Birgit

I've done several restarts of router (and tried a different router model), and device. Also tried ethernet connectivity as well as wireless etc.

I logged it as an official fault, but received the expected response "not an officially supported device for Now TV". I know this (and accept it), just trying to give some useful feedback to your tech guys. Many other entertainment app providers had to make a couple of very minor changes to ensure the app was GoogleCast as well as ChromeCast compatible. In fact, you've already made minor tweaks to make it work on the Nexus Player GoogleCast function. With so many more Sony and Philips Android TVs (as well as other Android TV set top boxes) with the GoogleCast built in technology, which your app seems to think IS a compatible Chromecast(it's stolen the last registered device slot on my list), I'm hoping it's something you can fix easily enough, to keep me subscribing...

Whilst we're at it, an actual dedicated Android TV (which would cover the new Sony + Philips TVs, as well as the upcoming STBs) compatible app would be even better, but I'll settle for fixing the Chromecast / Googlecast issue for now Smiley Happy

Cheers

Mathew

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for the feedback and information. I can confirm that the tech team are looking into this and we will be in touch as soon as we'e been able to investigate. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your co-operation whilst this is being looked into.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

I have some good news! Our technical team was able to replicate the issue and are working on a fix.

I'm not sure when this will happen, however we'll keep you posted.

Sorry about the delay and for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

This seems to be working now for me. The loading icon no longer stays for live streams.

Not sure if a fix has been rolled out on the Now TV side or if it was the last set of software updates from Sony for my Android TV (around 13th October).

Anyhow, I'm very happy now. I've been watching sports with no problem.

Thanks.

Ashley

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's still not working for me (not a Sony TV, but the Nexus Shield Android TV device) using a live stream from the Entertainment Pack. Will be good to hear if it's working on everyone's Sony, as this would be good news for sure.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you make sure your software is up to date? 

Can you tell us the exact model of your TV and software version please? Does it only happen with Live Entertainment or have you noticed it with other Live streams too (Sports, Movies).

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Birgit

It's not a TV (I posted in this forum because at the time this thread didn't exist http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Chromecast/Casting-Crashes-Fails-with-Nvidia-Shield/m-p/332931 ) and it appeared to be the same problem (and similar to the Nexus Player STB issue which you guys fixed before). With the Sheild being the newly release top-spec Android TV box, and selling like hot-cakes, it'd be great to solve it like you have for the Nexus player (and maybe the Sony Android TVs).

The box is the NVidia Shield Android TV box, which runs Android TV along with GoogleCast functionality (same as the Nexus Player and Sony Android TVs). The software version is 2.1 (the latest) and it has the latest Google Cast Receiver update (October 17th) installed. I have the latest version of the Now TV app (yesterday's 4.3 release) installed on my Android phone, and I have tried casting from both my phone and tablet. 

Just to confirm, the device correctly registers in one of my four available slots (seen as a Chromecast) when I try to cast, the screen goes to the Now TV cast screen, as expected. It then changes to the content specific screen (i.e. episode relevant screen), the circle spins as though about to cast, but then just exits back to the main menu.

This happens with Live Entertainment and catch-up Entertainment. I've not got a Sports or Movies pass to be able to try this, I'm afraid.

If you want any more information, or even logs etc. I'm more happy to help, as it's so frustrating not working. I'm even happy to send you the box for a week or two if that would help Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mathew

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User your issue is different to that of the Sony TV, see the photo in the early posts. These devices could play the content, just had the loader remains on the screen.

I suggest you start a new topic.