cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loading icon stays on Sony Android TV when casting Sports

Hello,

I've been watching NOWTV via the Chromecast function on my new Sony Android TV (KDL43W755CBU). It works really well apart from Live Streaming Sports. The loading icon stays even when the stream is running. I restarted many times over the weekend during the US Open Golf but it always stays.

The problem is not there via my standard Chromecast on another TV.

I'll see if I can post of picture of it once I've done my first post...

Thanks.
Ashley

62 REPLIES 62
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm attaching a picture of how it looks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android TV5.0 has brough Google some issues With Googlecast, the hardware is not the same as chrome cast... and this means the streaming is not actualy the same...

Be aware NowTV is NOT part of the Sky dish subscription but they support chromecast... so users here are unlikely to be able to fault find it due to how new google cast is...

Currently moving chromecast to Googlecast means apps are having issues... with googlecast... 

The app May just not work well with googlecast currently on any thing but nexus player and changes server side may be needed for TV hardware...

Nexus player users had google cast issues when it released... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interestingly, I see the iTunes store description for the NowTV app v4.7 from 14th July says:

"Improved Chromecast-ing:

You can now cast what you're watching to a whole new bunch of devices that are GoogleCast compatible, like the new Android TVs."

Does that mean this bug should be addressed soon? I've tried the latest version and it still happens...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Confirmed same issue with Live channels on my Sony Android TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buy extra devices they meant Nexus TV player...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same experience this weekend watching football on my Sony KDL50W805CBU Android TV.

It's a massive shame because the picture quality behind the spinner looked pretty good even on a 50" TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've made a video of the Chromecast and Android TV side by side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgRdElsYQwY

So close to being perfect. Please NOWTV devs, surely it's just a code tweak away 🙂

My Android TV is up on the wall with full LAN connectivity. I don't want to hang cables and other devices all over the place.

This video is about Loading Icon Stays on Android TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue with the Nvidia Shield Android TV box, which has the GoogleCast functionality. In fact, the behavious has changed slightly after the recent NowTV update. Whereas it just used to show the same spinning icon issue, it now does it for a bit, then bins off to the main Android TV menu.

Sounds like the same issue, which hopefully Now TV will resolve. I would log it as an issue, but will get told they don't support GoogleCast / the device (especially as it's not available in the UK yet), only Chromecast etc. etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

Sorry about the delayed reply.

Can you all try and uninstall, re-install the app on your remote devices, such as iPad, iPhone, Android? 

Can you also restart your wireless router while your TV is shut down? Also make sure the versions are up to date.

If the issue continues, please let us know and we'll let out tech team know.

Birgit

NOW TV team