cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Live Pause Feature for more devices has been added by NOW

Only noticed this tonight that my Amazon Fire Stick 4K allows live pause up to 30 minutes for the live Sky Sports channels which is a recent addition.

Looking at the NOW related help article other devices (not all though at the moment) now offers live 30 minutes pause on the Sky Sports linear live channels.

Screenshot_20240214-224415_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

@Simon-J  You kept that super quiet!!

No support for Apple TV though 😠

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @schnapps @gavs82008 @Simon-J 

does anybody else think the wording in that article is a bit weird particularly in relation to LG TVS. I had to read it a few times if you realise what it meant. it's not wrong though it just worded a bit strangely. Wouldn't it be simpler to say that

'live pause is supported on any sansung smart tv that's from 2016 or later any LG TV that's from 2018 or later And is supported by all models for any other smart TV manufacturer that we support ' Below is an extract from the help article that @schnapps Screenshotted above. I will also a place for URL to it at the bottom.

'Supported smart TVs, except for LG TVs running WebOS 3.x and below, and Samsung TVs from 2016 and earlier'

Do bear in mind that with LG TVs 2016 was webOS 3, 2017 was webOS 3.5 And 2018 was webOS 4.0. 

Because you have said 3.X in the help article extract above I'm assuming your saying that webOS 3.5 does not support live pause. But this might not be clear to someone who is not familiar with LG TVs.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-features 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
starman73
Elite

@schnapps 

Only noticed this tonight that my Amazon Fire Stick 4K allows live pause up to 30 minutes for the live Sky Sports channels which is a recent addition.

About time given the only way to do it for a long time was the Now TV/Roku devices which still seems to be the case for live cinema and entertainment.  And looks like you can’t pause on bonus streams.

I might switch from Virgin to Now for Sky Sports at the end of next season when the offer I couldn’t refuse ends.  £7.20/month for Sky Sports & £1/month for TNT Sports.