cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ptburkis
Mentor

LG 60UH650V Not Streaming from App

I have an LG 60UH650V running software version 05.70.30 fully up to date.

Now TV was working fine a few weeks ago, as I streamed Interstellar to watch it with my daughter. I don’t use that app very often, when I went to use it this week - I can search, browse and select any of the content but when I go to stream, I just get the spinning wheel for ages and then get an error:
VSF : SDK . LOADING_LIMIT . UNKNOWN_REASON . MAIN_CONTENT which I guess is just a generic error?

I seem to recall that the last time something like this happened it was because of some SSL certificates that had been revoked. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, to no avail.
All the other apps on the TV work fine (Netflix, Disney, Prime and Apple) - so I’m REALLY reluctant to hit the nuclear “factory reset” as it’s going to take me an hour to set everything back up again.
Anyone else got this issue? Or know what’s causing it?

Preferably without the “factory reset” response

• LG
13 REPLIES 13
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ptburkis 

What about unplugging or rebooting the TV as well as your router for a few minutes?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Ptburkis
Mentor

@gavs82008 Yep - tried that.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ptburkis 

Best report with staff via live chat. Make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/problems-watching-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Nitro
Scholar 3

@Ptburkis Who is your internet provider? Usually that error occurs on web, when having a anti-virus running. 

Ptburkis
Mentor

@Nitro - We're with Toob who are a new Fibre provider based out of Southampton. As I say, it was working fine a few weeks ago. It also works fine on other smart TV's and devices (iPads, iPhones, Laptops) etc over the same wifi connection. It's just the content streaming that doesn't work. The app happily logs in and shows me all the latest options for things to watch, it just won't stream them....

Nitro
Scholar 3

@Ptburkis Can you ask them for a static IP? NOW and Fibre Broadband tends to be hit and miss. Worst case scenario delete the app, and reinstall. Hopefully you are streaming soon.

Ptburkis
Mentor

@Nitro Thanks - I do have a static IP address. I've also tried deleting the app and re-installing 😞

Whitelion
Advocate

OK I have the same problem on an LG E6 TV.  I "chatted" to a Now TV person on Saturday who took me through all types of troubleshooting to no avail - he then said he would have to escalate to get a fix.  3 days later I have had no answer.   However having tested myself the issue only applies to Sky Football and Sky Golf - all other Now TV Sky Sports channels are fine.  I can also watch those 2 channels on my iPad and a Sony TV.  What's more - I tried on a friend's LG TV and he has the same problem.  

Lgsg

Did anyone get a fix on this? Trying to watch the Masters and got the same issue. Will play through app on phone on same WiFi but won't play through lg TV. Did a factory reset and not working. Time to cancel probably.