cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KonfusedKat
Advocate

How to watch NOW on a Sharp Aquos TV?

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bothered taking out a membership and there is literally no way I can find to get hold of NOW to ask for help!  I have a flatscreen, HD, smart TV which I don't feel like I've had all that long but evidently is considered outdated by many (ITV has decided it is obsolete and since they switched from ITV Hub to ITVX I can't access their catch-up on it which is extremely annoying). I've searched high and low and it doesn't have the NOW app anywhere that I can find.  I'm hardly watching anything as it's such a pain to login with the laptop and then hook up via the HDMI cable.  Any bright ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@KonfusedKat 

You should have made sure the TV has the app or you at least have a device listed on this link before taking anything from NOW out.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

If your TV isn’t listed there are cheap alternatives and you don’t need the laptop hooked up. Such as Roku or Amazon sticks. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
MisterLogic
Advocate

Yes, unfortunately the apps on Smart TVs do go out of date or cease to be supported.  It is very irritating and is one of the risks inherent in having a TV with everything built in.  A separate box (relatively cheap) is somewhat more "future proof" as it can easily be upgraded.   Amazon, Roku or Google Chromecast sticks / boxes will all work well with Now TV.  

nst
Elite

The best advice anyone can give you in your situation is, sadly, give up on any in-built apps or OSes on a TV - they ALL become obsolete in time whereas the picture quality might well be perfectly adequate and will be for years to come.

Just get yourself a cheap streaming stick - the Amazon Firestick is the best cheap device you can get and you can just use your Sharp TV as a monitor and nothing more.

The benefit with 'giving up' is that you can carry on using the TV for many years and in fact if the Firestick itself becomes outdated in time you just replace it for a few pounds and carry on.

Param

i dont know. i came here for same answer. i have samsung and sony tv. it doesnt work on them as well.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Param 

What do you mean doesn’t work on them? 
The original poster was complaining about the app not being there. Which is completely different to not working.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help