cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

End of NOW for Me

With Sky announcing Stream will be released on 18th this my last month with NOW so glad I went for the LG OLED over the Sky Glass TV now.

• LG
24 REPLIES 24
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Don’t think that we will lose NOW. From my point of view Sky are an app aggregator. 
It’s clear that NOW is purely for the Sky channels with the exception of Alibi and Gold. 

Hopefully over time we will see merging of some or all memberships for an overall competitive price.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

I prefer to pick and choose between the bundles to be honest, something which was harder to do with Sky in the old days. Each to their own, of course. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Agreed.

In my opinion both cinema and entertainment memberships should be merged with a retail price of £9.99.

That being said streamers internationally have sports as part of their product. Like Paramount+ and HBO Max in many countries.

redchiz1
Champion 2

I think that's disagreed actually, @gavs82008😉

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Haha 😜

When I was with Sky and wanted sports for one channel, I hated paying for the whole lot. More annoyingly you needed the basic package too. 

Still granted it could possibly be done with NOW if pricing is right. It certainly doesn’t help that the sports is insanely overpriced! 🤣

redchiz1
Champion 2

Hey, in that context we still get the moans now. My main interest in Sports is the EPL and that will always attract a premium price. Egg chuckers and red ball throwers etc. are of course miffed that Sky hoovered up so many of those rights. Money talks. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

The sad and scary fact is the US Peacock gets EPL literally at no extra cost.

So you could actually watch it for free or it might as well be free.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Um, that's the EPL in the US. Try NFL, NBA etc as a comparison. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Even then Peacock gives you live sports at no extra cost. As long as your subscribed to the premium plan at $4.99.

Fair enough the sports coverage is slightly different and probably just as fragmented. It still shows that we are paying too much for the sports in the UK.

redchiz1
Champion 2

I am currently paying £19.99 for Sports which I am just about comfortable with. No way will I ever pay the full whack of £33.99. I would rather risk going with dodgyvision.