cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Delay when watching on Chromecast

Hi,

I’ve noticed the last few weeks that, when watching Now TV on Chromecast, there is a huge time delay. In fact, I’ve just timed it a couple of times and when I’m casting from either my Android phone or iPad to my Chromecast, the broadcast is 80-85 seconds behind when I’m not casting - ie when I’m watching directly on either of those devices’ screens.  I have a Chromecast 2 in my bedroom and a Chromecast Ultra in my living room and it happens on both devices.  I’ve tried rebooting my router but there’s no change.  It’s pretty annoying when on social media or if someone texts me commenting on an incident that I have not yet seen!

I’ve also look in the Chromecast settings in the Google home app but there doesn’t seem to be any relevant settings to tweak.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Stew,

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Surely other people must have this issue? It only happens on Chromecast.  There is only a minimal delay (less than 30 seconds) on iOS or when watching on a Now TV box which is about what I’d expect for online streaming.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep. Happens all the time. Have two recast every 30 mins or so. 

All other streaming/casting apps are fine.

ios -> Sony Bravia with android os.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, to be clear, both time lag and sound sync. 

Time lag isn’t fixed by recast

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I am having the same issue with Chromecast.

Delays of about 150 secs compared to LIVE TV.

Both NOW TV app on PC and Android app only have about 45-55 secs delay (compared to LIVE TV).

So clearly there is some issue with Chromecast.

Have you found any solution?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, no solution.  I’m getting pretty fed up with it to be honest. I’ve recently had a new phone that gives me BT Sport free and the difference between the two services is night and day. There is virtually no delay and the picture quality when casting is phenomenal compared to Now TV’s dreadful, jerky, low res sub-standard offering. For £34 a month it should be at least as good as BT’s.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having the same issue when watching sports. Longer delay when casting compared to watching on my android phone.  I dont get the extra delay when casting live events from other apps. I cam only assume its Sky putting more restrictions on their content 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just noticed this while watching the F1. It's miles behind

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, it's ridiculous. I'm currently about 4 mins behind the football because I'm casting to the TV. Notifications on my phone ruin every match unless I turn them all off. It never used to be an issue but the last few weeks have been awful. Why is there only a small delay if I watch on my phone but then a huge delay when casting? What's changed? Awful.