cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
therealhakdaddy
Scholar

Chromecast with Google TV and Now Boost

Can someone tell me if Now Boost is streaming live sport at full 1080p HD on the Google TV Chromecast dongle?

I have an lg TV and don't get the full streaming rate of 50fps with boost. The Info on the now TV website isn't very helpful, lists up to Chromecast version 3 and Chromecast ultra being able to stream in full hd at 50fps but doesn't mention about Chromecast with Google TV which is effectively Chromecast gen 4.

I know we don't have an app on Google TV but we can still stream, I've noticed slight difference in pic when I stream live sports to the Google TV but not fully convinced it's 50 fsp.

If someone could clarify for me would be great

6 REPLIES 6
redchiz1
Champion 2

Recent Chromecast devices fully support Boost. If you mean Chromecast built in to an Android TV then I am not sure, others will hopefully advise. 

therealhakdaddy
Scholar

No don't think you have read my post correctly.

The latest Chromecast which is effectively gen4 has the new Google TV interface. This is called Chromecast with Google TV. The guidance on the now TV website doesn't mention this whatsoever that it's supported for boost. This new Chromecast was released about a year ago and comes with a remote and new Google TV interface that replaces Android TV.

It mentions gen 1 & 2 Chromecasts aren't supported but gen 3 and ultra are supported for boost. No mention of the Chromecast with Google TV. 

Android TV software or the new Google TV software interface built into a TV by various manufacturers isn't what I'm referring too, just to clarify.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Ah, OK, I am not familiar with that particular variant. 

Cameronr99
Advocate

I can't clarify but I think I have the same issue on Chromecast with Google TV HD 2022. Sports channels seem to be streaming at 1080p 25fps even though I have Boost. Doesn't seem as good as on my old 3rd Gen Chromecast. Incidentally the Now app does give me the surround sound option that comes with Boost.

Cameronr99
Advocate

On the Chromecast settings I've switched to 50hz from 60hz and switched off match content rate.  I think that solved the problem.

therealhakdaddy
Scholar

This is an old post. Now TV have finally launched an app on Google TV which broadcasts in 1080p at 8023 stream quality on sports, movies and other channels.