cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JP2023
Advocate

Boost

Hi Folks,

I have Now sports and Boost package but am still getting ads and my sound bar doesn’t work. 
any ideas?

thanks

john

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JP2023 

Boost only removes adverts from on demand content. 
Live TV adverts will never disappear regardless of boost or not. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
JP2023
Advocate

Ah ok, thanks. Misleading sales guff I think. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JP2023 

NOW just transmit what Sky show for the live channels and outside the BBC every single channel has adverts on live channels.

This will give you the information on boost which explains the ad free for on demand content.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
nst
Elite

As others have said its a bit naive to think that boost or any such service is capable of removing ads from live streamed TV as it simply cant.

My advice is just dont watch anything live again - theres no real need to as things appear on catchup very quickly and sometimes simultaneously as the live show enabling you to actually finish watching the show before its finished being broadcast thats to 15 minutes of ads missing.

RoyB
Legend

@JP2023 

Are you thinking Boost is making your soundbar not work?

Does it play audio from every other app and/or source just fine?

If you go into the Boost settings and choose stereo instead of 5.1, does this bring the audio back?

If the answer to all three questions is ‘yes’, please tell us the device on which Now is running, the make and model of TV in use, the make and model of soundbar in use, and how the soundbar is connected to the TV - HDMI ARC or eARC, or digital, or what?

This will narrow down the possibilities for the failure that we need to go through.

If the answer to some of the three questions is ‘no’, post the answers and we will go from there.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
JP2023
Advocate
Many thanks for the responses folks.

Seems I have some kind of intermittent issue with the feed to the soundbar that started when I got the Now subscription, coincidentally I guess. Unplugging the Arc cable and plugging in again seems to reset it but not ideal obviously.