cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rika
Mentor

Apple TV 4K Captcha

I'm trying to sign in to my account on the Apple TV app, but after inputting my email address and password, it leads me to a captcha page saying "Please enter the characters in the box so we know you're a real person". There are no characters!!!!! It's a bloody blank page with a textbox that I can type in. When I click "Listen to audio" or "Refresh characters", it gives me the error "The operation couldn't be completed. (PayliteCoreServices.AuthenticationModule.CaptchaError error 0.)". I can't seem to find anything on this online anywhere. I've spoken to the Live Support and they just said they would forward my case to the relevant team, but in case anyone has come across this and solved it, please do let me know!

I'm on TVOS 17.0 (after updating it in an attempt to solve this) and I've done everything they normally tell you to do, reset my box, unplugged all the cables, restarted it, uninstalled and reinstalled NowTV, reset my password, checked for updates, my account works perfectly fine on web browsers and my phone app, Wifi is working perfectly fine, all of that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @rika 

I don't own an Apple TV or come across this annoying Captcha request myself with NOW, but have come across Captcha on other services which is a pain to be honest.

Because you mentioned you have no problems with other NOW devices I am assuming you are not using a VPN ?

Can't help much, but if you have mobile internet data and you can temporary Wi-Fi hotspot your phone with the Apple TV (if that's possible) then maybe try this to see if you can get past the Captcha pop up and you can sign into your NOW App on your Apple TV.

Hopefully other forum members might have some other suggestions how to get your ATV up and running with the NOW App.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @rika 

I don't own an Apple TV or come across this annoying Captcha request myself with NOW, but have come across Captcha on other services which is a pain to be honest.

Because you mentioned you have no problems with other NOW devices I am assuming you are not using a VPN ?

Can't help much, but if you have mobile internet data and you can temporary Wi-Fi hotspot your phone with the Apple TV (if that's possible) then maybe try this to see if you can get past the Captcha pop up and you can sign into your NOW App on your Apple TV.

Hopefully other forum members might have some other suggestions how to get your ATV up and running with the NOW App.

rika
Mentor

Blimey, the hotspot worked!!!! The captcha was skipped altogether! Absolute legend, thank you!!! 🙏

Nicola_F
Advocate

I have exactly the same problem, but I did not manage with hotspot. What did you? 🙂

rika
Mentor

Hi! I turned off the Wi-Fi on my phone so it was on data, then I enabled the hotspot and connected to it via the network settings on my Apple TV. Then I closed the NOW TV app and re-opened it, signed in with my email address and password and it just let me in without a captcha check! But you probably tried all that, so I'm not sure 😞 However, I have an iPhone like LaShrew; I'm not sure if that makes any difference? Hope it ends up working for you, it's really silly no idea why it's happening!

LaShrew

Connecting my Apple TV 4K 3rd gen to my iPhone hotspot worked a treat 🎉 popped the ethernet cable back in and Now TV works without any issues.

Nicola_F
Advocate

Unfortunately it does not work on mine. It is still not bypassing the captcha..

rdx565
Advocate

I’m having the same problem. No text to enter, no audio. Not using a VPN.

sraworld
Advocate

I too have this problem. I'm told NOW are working on a solution.

I tried the solution mentioned here but it did not help. 

Legs11
Observer

I’m having the same issue - I just joined and I can’t even get into the app!