cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello NOW TV forum moderators,

How about merging this topic together with this Only using 1/4 of my screen topic?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This seems to be affecting more n more Roku users... This suggests to me that it's not the compatability to our TVs... I have now cancelled my subscriptions due to this issue not being fixed! It's weird because the whole layout of the selection films is on the whole screen and the buffering sign is in the middle of the screen whilst the movie is loading yet when the movie starts it only plays in the top right hand corner. I would like my £9.99 refunded for this month but I won't hold my breath
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I cant watch any films or programmes on full screen only 1/4 of screen showing at top left hand corner, my box is a roku box but seem to watch anything on netflix fine
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Mine is doing the same. It's only when I start the film the screen reduces down to 1/4. Tried reset update and unplugging. Hope this is fixed soon else may have to cancel subscription
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Never seen this problem so quickly checked using Roku HDMI Streaming Stick and all seems normal

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Works fine on xbox one.......I'm goin to try through a hdmi cable to see if it works
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Tried hdmi cable but still th same
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Tried hdmi cable but still th same

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

make sure the display settings on your Roku are set to at least 720p. 1080p if the Roku/TV you have supports it.

Also check the display settings on your TV as it's possible something in your TVs display settings could be affecting it. There is often a picture size/picture scaling setting make sure this is set to either "auto wide" or "16:9"

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks but have tried that.........it's full screen when I search for film ect but as soon as I press to play it shrinks down to 1/4 off screen
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. A small picture in the top left of the screen. I haven't found a solution yet.  Must be a now tv issue as netflix and amazon are all OK