cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment pass: 'Next Episode' feature not working properly on Ruko streaming stick ONLY

Hi there,

Has anyone experienced issues with the Next Episode feature when using NowTV? 

My issues are limited to the Roku stick; when I'm watching on IE there are no problem or (previously other browsers.

When I press OK on Watch Now, a variety of things can happen:

- Pinwheel followed by black screen

- Pinwheel of death

- Ruko goes back to home screen (??)

1 out of 10 times maybe the next episode actually plays.

I've obviously tried pressing the back button. Here, a variety of things may also occur:

- Nothing (I end up pressing the home button)

- It goes back to list of episodes  and from here I can just press OK as it lands on the episode I was attempting to play

- It goes back to the list of episodes but when I click OK nothing happens

- It goes back to the list of episodes but the screen is frozen

- Any combination of the above

It's ONLY NowTV on the Ruko stick that has any kind of problems outside of the occasional slow loading etc. And it's only NowTV on the Ruko stick, not anywhere else.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Laura

17 REPLIES 17
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Graham-S or @Anonymous User

Any chance you could pass this thread onto the technical teams to take a look at, similar cases have been passed on before but it still seems to be affecting a small number of random users who all seem to have Virgin broadband, with a possible connection to older versions of the Superhub causing it to happen. Maybe some further investigating they can do, cheers.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy  ha ha I knew you were going to ask me.....well I did my research on what new customers are offered with Virgin and got comparables from Sky and then I have just not rang Virgin to haggle Smiley Embarassed

I think retentions only work office hours so struggling to get time out in the day to call, and it's awkward when working full time and not knowing how long will it take on the phone

It is playing on my mind so I just need to call them! I know that I am overpaying by quite a lot!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Grab them on a Saturday, and tell them your mate Jason works at NOW TV and has offered you a good deal on their Combo broadband! 😉

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy  they are there on a Saturday?! How did I not know this!

Good idea about the NowTV Combo, I will use that for sure! My friend has it and thinks it's good, so you never know I may follow through with the threat if they don't give me what I want

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi

tbh I don't know if they are there or not on Saturdays, I just imagined they would be (I'm sure Sky have retention S staff every day, but maybe they get more people leaving!!!!!) 

Mind you, at least Continue Watching seems to work with Sky/NOW TV broadband! 😄

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

I think that it is more likely that Virgin don't really care if you leave, so make it as inconvenient as possible to get a better deal. I will try a Saturday call though see if they are there!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Good luck, let us know how you get on!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi tbh I keep hoping for another Continue Watching conundrum just so we get the pleasure of your company!

Now you know I always like to call you in as backup, and I know you recognise the symptoms of getting back to the menu after the ep, but I didn't think you had the beach balls of death problem getting an episode started, @Anonymous User only manages to get the ep playing about 10% of the time. What about you?

I was just wondering if maybe the fact it's a Roku streaming stick might contribute to that as its a bit slow and underpowered compared with the Roku boxes and I was wondering if the NOW TV app was started to get a bit too bloated to run smoothly ... wonder if @Anonymous User has issues starting eps from the Watchlist or just from normal browsing of the app as well, or is it just confined to Continue Watching?

@caseyb1993 and @Anonymous User are the only others I know with a streaming stick so I'll tag them for reinforcement see if they've noticed anything