cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Screen recording software detected"

Hi everyone,

I've just signed up for NowTV, I keep getting cut off saying that I have screen recorder software running, I've missed quite a lot of the match I've paid £20 for a month pass to watch.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm on a Macbook 2018 (OS 10.14).

Thanks lots!

R

75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous User
Not applicable

again 😞

Error code: VGC-4253024462:4253024462

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Rasko

Have you checked with Now TV's Help Chat yet? After all, they should be your first port of call.

Help Chat's URL is as follows:

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

then click the down arrow on the option "Anything else?"

UK Bob

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same error for me. Rebooted laptop. reinstalled nowTV app. I dont have any screen recording software and this was all working for me 2 days ago. I tried the web chat and kept getting disconnected, time and time again over 45 minutes, repeating the same details over and over to them. Ive given up and wont be using nowTV anymore after this experience (it doesnt work anyway so I have no choice!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same thing has happened to me too. I've only just downloaded the player onto my windows laptop and I keep getting this error message popping up. However I'm not running any screen recording software, I checked in my task manager to see if anything came up and it didn't. This iseems to a a fairly recent issue given the dates of the first post on this topic, perhaps something worth escalating to Now Support?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys

It seems to me that you have all picked up some malware, i.e. unwanted software installed along with the software/application that you do want. This was a trick used, not so long ago, to get spyware, viruses and other nasties onto unsuspected victims computers.

This "screen recorder malware" sounds like something a criminal hacker would plant on your computer in order to capture your bank account and/or credit card details and then secretly send that info back to it's criminal owners.

I would strongly suggest that you get some anti virus anti malware, something like Malwarebytes,  to run on your computer to delete this hidden menace.

https://www.malwarebytes.com

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also getting this error and ran malwarebytes as suggested but no threats were detected.

This feels like a NOW issue which needs fixing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Closing Windows Snipping Tool did it for me.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Smiff

I've never heard of MS Snipping Tool and, based on the summary I found below, there would not be a practical reason to have it on all the time.

But as a screen shot capture utility it could be very useful, especially when memorialising passes/vouchers and cancellations in your Now TV account.

UK Bob

MS Snipping Tool summary:

Snipping Tool is a Microsoft Windows screenshot utility included in Windows Vista and later. It can take still screenshots of an open window, rectangular areas, a free-form area, or the entire screen. Snips can then be annotated using a mouse or a tablet, stored as an image file or an MHTML file, or e-mailed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My 2017 iMac is doing exactly the same thing, ridiculous. I wonder if the now built in software "Screenshot" in iOS is causing this..?