cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv wont work on my laptop

NOWTV Wont work on my laptop, asked to install silverlight which i have done but it still wont load any film.

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you haven't mentioned which device you are trying to use (Windows or Mac), what troubleshooting you've tried or what error message you are getting? Also do you have Avast anti-virus as this is blocking NOW TV at the moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i also have trouble with sliverlight, when i try to watch a tv show a message pops with asking to install or renew sliverlight, i have done this more than 3 times and that hasn't solved the problem. i'm using a Mac computer 

🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV is a load of tripe and Im cancelling so disappointed. Also the way solutions are IM SORRY you are- no your not. Your just collecting your pay cheque after ripping people off

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been able to use Now TV for around a week or so now. When trying to view any content I get the following message:

"Sorry, you’re not quite ready yet... You need to install or update Microsoft® Silverlight™ to watch NOW TV. After installation, refresh this page or restart your web browser."

Following the instructions (as much as possible, see below) on this Help page I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted and tried again a number of times to no avail.

On that site above, while trying to follow step 5 (Clear the Silverlight PlayReady folder. (Please go to Solution 3 for the steps to do this), I was sent to this Help page. Within that page. 'Solution 3' (which I presume is 'Activate Microsoft Silverlight in your browser' as it's the third in the list) is intended for Windows users. There is no OSX solution here.

In fact, I could find no OSX solution at all in the Help Centre.

I have spoken to Live Chat, who could not help but did log a call with the developer team to contact me directly via email.

Since then I have emailed the Help team a coupl eof times and they are yet to find a solution. I have twice had suggestions that are only valid for Windows users only, despite me pointing out twice (at least) that I'm using OSX.

My latest email point me in the direction of Silverlight's own help page, here.

Trying to use the Resoution 'Fix It For Me' listed on the site asks you to download a file that will not open on a Mac, at least with an Apps I have. It certainly does not open in my Silverlight app. Yet again, I presume this solution is for Windows only.

Also, the emails I have received are not written very clearly. Mostly I have been given instructions to choose options – within Silverlight, for example –  that do not match the options displayed to me. There are options that are similar, but not exact, which either means they are ignoring the version information I have given them, they still think I'm on Windows or they are unable to copy the exact text into an email – incredibly poor descriptive skills from a team whose purpose is to help you.

For example:

Firstly I will need you to make sure you've enabled your internet main search engine to allow now tv to work as a plug in...

Well, firstly, what does that even mean? Go to Google? Enable Google to do what? Surely you mean my main browser?

Secondly, you know I'm on a Mac and using Safari. So give me the exact steps. In a list. So I can understand. Like a help service should do.

And their next question?

And also what windows version are you using?

Obviously.

I've searched the forum but cannot find a clear desciption of a relavant solution and would welcome some help if anybody can point me in the right direction. A thread that contains the answer maybe.

If anyone from the Now TV Help team sees this and would like to improve upon the pretty poor standard of help I've recieved so far, here, yet again, are the details of the OS and browser:

OSX 10.10.5

Safari 9.0.1

Silverlight 5.1.41212.0

So just clarify: I AM NOT USING WONDOWS.

Many thanks,

John

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting and sorry for any confusion.

Right now there is an issue with NOW TV  on Safari. we're currently investigating this and hope to have it fixed soon, I've added your details to be investigated . In the meantime you should find NOW TV works on Firefox for Mac.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John

I was having the same problem getting NowTV to work with Safari on my Mac and it was driving me nuts that NowTV were unable to provide a fix.

I have done 2 things today and NowTV ...... IS NOW WORKING.

ONE

I checked the Safaris Plug in Settings as follows.

Open Safari

Make sure you have the NowTV website open - you don't need to sign in.

Open Preferences tab.   Choose Security settings.   Click on "Plug-in settings" button.  This opens a window with a LH box listing plug-ins and a RH box listing open websites.

In the LH box - Silverlight (version 5.1.41212.0) should be listed if it installed.  MAKE SURE THE BOX NEXT TO IT IS TICKED

In the RH box - www.nowtv.com should be listed (if not make sure you open the website and try again).  MAKE SURE THAT FROM THE DROP DOWN BOX NEXT TO IT THAT "ALLOW" IS SELECTED

Click "Done" at bottom of window and exit Preferences.

TWO

If ONE above didn't fix it try this

I  installed Office 2011 Version 14.6.1.    This was prompted by a message from MS Updates.  

Let me know if any of these worked for you

ydnac

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much ydnac! Very grateful indeed.

Fixed!

Please take note Now TV staff, here's the solution you couldn't find...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to clarify, no need to install Office, step one worked fine.

🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My word ydnac!!  Smiley Very Happy

My word indeed....

You have managed to do what the combined resources of a multi billion pound media company as failed to do...

Rupert Murdoch should send you a truck of cash for the customers you have saved him !!

I was all set to dump NowTV given this bug....

Thanks awfully !!

I doth my cap sir !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you deserve a medal!

If nothing else, Now TV should give you a free lifetime membership as you have fixed something that no else has been able to, and its been driving a lot of us MAD!

Thank you for posting. 

Vote ydnac for lifetime free membership!