cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv wont work on my laptop

NOWTV Wont work on my laptop, asked to install silverlight which i have done but it still wont load any film.

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes until recently.  NowTV asks me every time to upgrade Silverlight which I have done.  It just won' recognise the Silverlight update.  I don't know why Sky find it so hard to support MAc users there must be millions of us

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any progress on this..?

Pretty lame that a company the size of Sky cannot get one of the worlds most popular browsers to work on its native hardware....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really hoping you guys can help out.

I'm trying to use my 14 day free trial and I'm unable to watch anything!

I'm using a Windows OS and have tried both IE and Firefox (because yay, Chrome doesn't support Silverlight any more).

I've uninstalled, reinstalled and run updates for Silverlight 3 times already. I've rebooted and refreshed multiple times and still I get the error message "(T6002) - There's a problem accessing Microsoft Silverlight services. Please fix this to watch NOW TV."

I've gone through the steps in pretty much all the Silverlight FAQ suggestions and nothing has worked.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User which version of Windows? If it's 8 or 10 I'd suggest using the Windows App instead of Silverlight, a lot less hassle.

If it's 7 or older do you have Avast antivirus? Avast is falsing flagging a file used alongside Silverlight.
I'd suggest whitelisting NOW TV

1. Open the Avast user interface and go to Settings » General
  2. Find the tab EXCLUSIONS and add *.nowtv.com/* in the Urls tab
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks for trying, but none of the above applies to me! 🙂

I'm running on Windows 7 Home Premium and I use AVG antivirus, not Avast.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again, Mule.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for letting us know.

Can you try similar steps, only in AVG settings?

1. Under Advanced Settings> Exceptions and Add Exception

2. Drop down menu> URL

3. Add the URL *.nowtv.com/* > Apply> OK

Restart browser and try again.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, I tried those steps with AVG and I'm still getting the following error.

(T6002) - There's a problem accessing Microsoft Silverlight services. Please fix this to watch NOW TV.

Have tried IE and Firefox, to no avail. 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Right, thanks @Anonymous User for trying.

I'm sorry that those steps haven't worked. 

I'll get this looked into by our technical team, hopefully we'll get this sorted for you in no time.

Birgit

NOW TV Tea,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User. I hope it can get sorted! I'm currently on the 14 day free trial, and at the moment I definitely won't be paying for a full subscription! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your patience.

To fix this find the file below on My Computer and delete it -

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady\mspr.hds

If you're still having issues after deleting the file above, please follow the steps from the link below to search any corruption on Silverlight. Once this is done, please uninstall and reinstall Silverlight

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2608523

Give me a shout if you have tried the steps and whether it's sorted or you need further help 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team