cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv wont work on my laptop

NOWTV Wont work on my laptop, asked to install silverlight which i have done but it still wont load any film.

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! 3 months of NowTV being as useless as a chocolate teapot and then you come up with a simple solution that works! Without you I wouldn't have just seen us stuff the Gunners against all odds.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you!!!! This has worked for me!

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi John

I was having the same problem getting NowTV to work with Safari on my Mac and it was driving me nuts that NowTV were unable to provide a fix.

I have done 2 things today and NowTV ...... IS NOW WORKING.

ONE

I checked the Safaris Plug in Settings as follows.

Open Safari

Make sure you have the NowTV website open - you don't need to sign in.

Open Preferences tab.   Choose Security settings.   Click on "Plug-in settings" button.  This opens a window with a LH box listing plug-ins and a RH box listing open websites.

In the LH box - Silverlight (version 5.1.41212.0) should be listed if it installed.  MAKE SURE THE BOX NEXT TO IT IS TICKED

In the RH box - www.nowtv.com should be listed (if not make sure you open the website and try again).  MAKE SURE THAT FROM THE DROP DOWN BOX NEXT TO IT THAT "ALLOW" IS SELECTED

Click "Done" at bottom of window and exit Preferences.

TWO

If ONE above didn't fix it try this

I  installed Office 2011 Version 14.6.1.    This was prompted by a message from MS Updates.  

Let me know if any of these worked for you

ydnac

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi ydnac!

Thank you so much for sorting out this problem for me!!  Solution 1 worked perfectly.

How on earth do the experts at Now tv not know about this?

Rhetorical question, of course, but it's simply amazing they keep banging on about Firefox when the solution is so bacic.

Admittedly, not basic to me, though! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally someone who knows what they're talking about.

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well done ydnac, that did the job. Why don't the staff know this? If I hadn't won this for two months free from McDonalds I'd be annoyed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you very much!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User-J

I had mentioned to the Live Chat staff, on a post in another thread and possibly by email too that it does not work in Firefox.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. My colleage Ryan has sent you some steps to try; have you been able to try them?

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks 

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rob,

The steps that Ryan sent me via email are what prompted me to try the forum instead as I felt that I was getting nowhere.

However, I had also posted this message on another Now TV thread, here, and Birgit responded with clear steps on what to do to try and get Firefox working.

I now no longer have the Install Silverllight error but instead have a different error, which hopefully she can help me with. Screen grab of that attached in case you can co-ordinate with Birgit to find a solution.

John

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anybody managed to get NOW TV to work on a Mac with Safari...?