cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MIKELMOUSE
Advocate

does Boost work on 3 different IP addresses

If I upgrade to Boost, can my daughter watch from her PC at her home?

Considering Boost for the 1080p but there'll only be one usually, max two watchers at my place.

• PC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Nitro 

Makes you wonder how Netflix manage it….

But my point was that it’s against Now’s T&Cs, no matter how easy these may be to circumvent technically, so we really should not be telling anyone it’s OK to do this. And those who do it do best to keep it sub rosa.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nitro
Scholar 3

Why would it be an issue? 

RoyB
Legend

@Nitro 

Because she is not in the same household.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Nitro
Scholar 3

So what? You can have one account in London playing, one in Manchester - what difference does the IP Address make? As long as its in the UK, IP Address will never affect playback

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MIKELMOUSE 

It doesn’t matter a penny where you are as long as it is in the UK. 

Have a full read of what boost provides. You need to check everything because 1080p isn’t supported on all devices and that includes PC.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Nitro 

https://www.nowtv.com/terms

Search for ‘household’.

Nitro
Scholar 3

ROFL nobody follows this. Can you imagine your IP Addressing changing on your iphone/tablet every time you move to different wifi hotspots, and NOW stopping playback.

Come on Royston.

RoyB
Legend

@Nitro 

Makes you wonder how Netflix manage it….

But my point was that it’s against Now’s T&Cs, no matter how easy these may be to circumvent technically, so we really should not be telling anyone it’s OK to do this. And those who do it do best to keep it sub rosa.