cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chronos
Mentor

Unable to watch NowTV - 'Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your purchase.'

Hi all.

For about a week or so now, every time I click a TV show or film I get the following message:

'Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your purchase.' in a red banner at the top of the screen.

Everything was working fine until about a week ago; clicking a TV show or film loaded in the NowTV Player app.

I'm using Windows 11 and have tried many things and none have seemed to work so far:

• double checked my billing information
  • cleared browser history and cookies
  • uninstalled/reinstalled the NowTV Player
  • tried different browsers (Edge, Chrome, Brave)

No joy though. I used the 'Support Chat' feature but we were unable to resolve the issue.  I think they said to look out for an email from the technical team but I've not heard from them yet.

I've just seen that we're able to stream directly from the browser now? I've not seen that functionality myself so I'm wondering if it's the introduction of that feature that's causing my issue for some reason.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Chronos
Mentor

Upon rebooting my laptop I found that the issue returned. I noticed that my system clock was one hour behind despite having it set correctly. As I'm on Windows 11, I was able to go to:

• Settings
  • Time and Language
  • Date and Time
  • Ensure that my timezone was set correctly
  • Then click 'Sync Now'

I was then able to log into my account and start watching TV again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Chronos 

Try uninstalling, and not reinstalling, the Now Player.

It is no longer needed, and could be confusing matters.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Chronos
Mentor

Hi mate, cheers for the suggestion. No joy unfortunately 😞

Chronos
Mentor

I gave it a go on my Ubuntu laptop (I know Linux isn't supported atm) just to give it a go and see if the same thing happened. Rather than get the 'Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your purchase' message, the video player actually loads before encountering a playback error (which I'm assuming is due to using Ubuntu).

Chronos
Mentor

I've actually managed to fix this now. I did the following:

1. Sign into my account on another device
  2. Went to 'Manage Account' > 'My Membership and Devices' > 'Devices'
  3. Clicked 'Sign out of all devices'
  4. Switched back to my affected device
  5. Cleared all cookies and browsing history (ensuring to tick the offline data too)
  6. Logged in and was able to watch TV again!

Chronos
Mentor

Upon rebooting my laptop I found that the issue returned. I noticed that my system clock was one hour behind despite having it set correctly. As I'm on Windows 11, I was able to go to:

• Settings
  • Time and Language
  • Date and Time
  • Ensure that my timezone was set correctly
  • Then click 'Sync Now'

I was then able to log into my account and start watching TV again.

David15
Advocate

Yes!!!

it is the time…

thank you!!

cricketworldcup
Advocate

It helped after setting correct timezone thanks.