cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_d294

Too many devices streaming error when i've signed out of all other devices ?

Trying to watch Now TV on the Mac but the too many devices streaming error keeps on coming up. No other devices were streaming but to make sure I signed out of all other devices, and the message still won't let me watch anything. I haven't found anything on the web to help me so I called but apparently, they don't deal with tv problems over the phone? Anyone had the same sort of issues and how can I solve this ???

5 REPLIES 5
Sarah6

@Dan_d294 Same issue. Signed out of everything, reset password. Still not working

redchiz1
Champion 2

They don't deal with TV issues over the phone, you should use the green Chat online button near the top of the page here

Unless you have the Boost, you are only allowed to stream on one device at a time. You need to fully exit from the app you are currently using before trying another. Closing it down simply won't do it, NOW servers will take a while to catch up with that. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dan_d294 @Sarah6 

See this link for swapping devices or when you get the ‘too many devices’ message.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices

Note that signing out of devices will do NOT a damn thing. It is all about the clean exit of the stream back to the homepage.

If the browser is crashing, you can try speaking with staff using the post from @redchiz1 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Dan_d294 @Sarah6 

Also note that each browser tab on your Mac will count as a device, as it does on a PC, so if you open a second window (or a fourth if you have Boost) and try to stream on that as well, you will get the ‘too many devices’ message.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Very good point. Keep forgetting that too.

@Simon-J @Karl-F 
Are you able to update the help page re manage devices to what @RoyB has mentioned?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help