cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anon100
Advocate

Something went wrong SHAKA_ERROR_1002MAIN_CONTENT

Have tries 5 chats with support already. When streaming a tv show it plays for a few minutes then stops and I get a black screen with the above message. Am streaming with a laptop pc wired connection of 36mbps. Windows 11. have tried the following - restarting laptop, rebooting router. tried different browser - from edge to Firefox, cleared browser. cookies etc. Run antivirus, run C cleaner. signed in out of Now tv. Other streaming services - Amazon. Channel4 work fine. Managed to play full episode of Penny Dreadful on smart phone wired connected to the router. Would appreciate any help that isn't doing one of the aforementioned.

With thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

HTTP_ERROR

number

An HTTP network request failed with an error, but not from the server. 

error.data[0] is the URI. 

error.data[1] is the original error. 

error.data[2] is the NetworkingEngine.RequestType of the request.

@Anon100 

https://shaka-player-demo.appspot.com/docs/api/shaka.util.Error.html

Not sure if this gets things any further forward, though.

Did you try the Chrome browser?

Is your Windows fully up to date?

Google shows lots of reports of this error, both in the Now Community and outside of it, Have you tried looking through a few of these, for possible insights and fixes?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anon100
Advocate

Sorry pressed accept solution by mistake. Thank you for your reply. Am not very techy - are you saying that it's the browser that's the problem as opposed to BT or my router? I don't know where all these other posts about this particular error are - if I type it into google I can't see anything with the same error code. Will try Chrome. 

Anon100
Advocate

Tried Chrome - exactly same issue same error message.

RoyB
Legend

@Anon100 

You can press whatever you pressed for Accept there again, and it will de-Accept my reply as the solution, as it isn’t.

And yes, Chrome working was a long shot. Did you check your Windows is fully up to date? Probably another long shot, but doing this for MacOS has cured a few misbehaving Macs here, so you never know…

This link has a good description of the error, plus some fix suggestions that may be applicable to more than just their product:-

https://www.vdocipher.com/blog/1002-network-error/

Google shows me pages of stuff for this error, most effectively by typing in 

SHAKA ERROR 1002

without the underscores:-

IMG_1103.jpeg

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.