cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Houndog100
Advocate

Player not working with Safari 16.5.1 on Ventura 13.4.1

As per subject line... and I'm not using another browser.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Houndog100 

Don’t bother with the player. You can watch directly from the browser now.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Houndog100
Advocate

Let me be clear...the player is not working WITHIN the browser. That's why I mentioned the browser.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Houndog100 

Ok to be perfectly clear you don’t need to download the player as you can stream directly from the browser.

Houndog100
Advocate

Would it be easier for you to understand if I said, "I'm not using the Player app (the thing that resides in the Applications folder on a Mac, as I've deleted it. Instead I'm using the browser only'?

Are you being intentionally thick?

RoyB
Legend

@Houndog100 wrote:

Would it be easier for you to understand if I said, "I'm not using the Player app (the thing that resides in the Applications folder on a Mac, as I've deleted it. Instead I'm using the browser only'?

Are you being intentionally thick?

@Houndog100 

No, @gavs82008 is suffering from precisely the same confusion that I was at this point, because you kept saying player, and it was only a couple of days ago that the separate Player app ceased to be needed.

I suspect we must all start using the terminology ‘play in the browser’ to make it clear that we are no longer speaking of the Player app.

I had an initial issue with the new arrangement, on my iMac, but when I came to document it, it had cleared itself.

Can you please try it again now some time has passed, and if there is still a problem, please describe it more closely (error message, blank, endless circling, etc.), the better for Now to know where to look, and address it more quickly?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Houndog100
Advocate

Works with Chrome on OSX, so the problem is Safari.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Houndog100 

Excuse me. Calling people thick is completely uncalled for! 

All I’m saying is you DO NOT need to install or use the player as previously advised. NOW has allowed us customers to stream directly through the website without needing to download the player.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-laptops-computers-can-i-use-to-watch

Houndog100
Advocate

I didn't call you thick. I asked you if you were being thick and what I'm telling you, despite you simply not being able to grasp this, is I'm not using the installed app. I'm using the browser. Can you just but out now because you're no use whatsoever?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Houndog100 

You have mentioned several times you’re using the player. So I assumed it was the downloaded player that was done beforehand. 
If you didn’t say player then there wouldn’t be any confusion. Still to say “intentionally thick” is uncalled for in my opinion.

Have you cleared your data and cache from the browser? 
As provided in the link it should work direct from the browser. Which includes safari.