cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pixelated picture.

Hi,

My Now TV picture keeps going blurry almost pixelated. I use the player on my Windows pc and stream it to my tv via HDMI cable, my internet speed is 110 mbps and the tv is flat screen smart tv. I have tried messing with the resolution on the tv when streaming but that doesn't work, one minute the picture is excellent and the next its virtually unwatchable. I have tried uninstalling the player and reinstalling, turning off all the other devices on my home network, using the player normally or full screen but still the problem remains. Seriously wondering if its worth continuing my subscription to Now TV.   

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Any difference if you remove the HDMI cable between your PC and television and watch on your PC screen ?

I don't watch NOW through a PC or Mac, but if you are getting picture buffering or pixelation I would be tempted to try something like Google Public DNS servers on your PC to see if the NOW stream PQ improves.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi  @schnapps

It pixelates through my pc as well, I tried different HDMI ports on my tv as well but the same problem I will try the Google DNS and see if that improves it.

Cheers,

Mike H

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

A PC is an unhappy device to source Now from, many find.

If you want to watch Now on your TV, and the TV does not offer the Now app, then an Amazon Firestick or a Roku device will serve you much better as the source for Now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Roy I will try my Firestick and see if that works.

Mike H.