cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Player won't update.

So my Now Player on my Mac won't play anything until I've installed the update. Fine. I've downloaded and installed this update at least 6 times at this point, both manually and via the app. I've restarted my computer. I've logged in and out of Now TV multiple times. The updated player downloads successfully when I do it manually, but then wen I try to open it to watch something, it immediately goes back to "There's an update you need to install!"

When I install try it through the app, it has a 'Downloading' sign and gets stuck at 100% for hours before it finally crashes. 

Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be so appreciated!!

This has been going on since yesterday morning, if I can't fix it I'll just have to end my membership, no point paying when you can't watch anything 😕 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watch it on Mac. Just downloaded the update, installed it and tried to open it. It won't open. Tells me there's an issue. Suggests I check I'm using a compatible IOS (10.9 or newer). I'm still on 10.9.5 so no reason it shouldn't work. Restarted my computer, downloaded it again...same thing. Maybe its a bug in the update for mac? After trying unsucessfully everything I could think of...I've just cancelled all my memberships for the time being.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User iOS relates to iPhones, not Macs, do you mean OSX 10.9? Which is the minimum stated to be required, but is, frankly, a bit long in the tooth now. Is NOW TV working OK on other devices?