cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlosvelasco
Advocate

Now Player crashing on laptop

Every time i try to launch the now player from the now tv window in my browser to watch something, it launches with a black screen then loads for a second or two and then the application closes. 

I have tried numerous solutions including removing any antiviruses and bitedefenders. I have also gone into the C folder to remove the cisco file however there isn't one to remove. I have uninstalled and installed the player multiple times and it still does not work. 

Any help would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@Carlosvelasco 

There must be something interfering with the process, like Bitdefender does, though you have mentioned you have covered that.

Maybe start Windows with as little as possible running, i.e. in Safe Mode with Networking :-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644...

and see if you can run Now OK there. If so, then you will know that whatever is interfering is something that gets loaded in a full Windows startup, but you won’t know what.

Rebooting to get out of Safe Mode, you could look at the Windows Services app, see if there are any Running Services that you think might be interfering (click Status twice to bring all the Running services to the top). 

And also look in Task Manager at the Background processes.

Anything suspicious, you can Stop the Process, or End the Task, see (if that doesn’t break Windows altogether until you reboot again!) if that then allows Now to run.

As ever, please report back from the smoking ruins 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.