cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV won't play on Windows 10

Hi,

Everytime I open the NOWTV player and click on the play button a white power ring briefly flashes up and then vanishes. Nothing happens after this. Could anyone give me some help to get this working again please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Is the NOW TV Player helper app actually opening, or are you just clicking the play button on the NOW TV website? If the helper app doesn't open it may not be installed properly, try downloading it again from here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/download-now-tv-player

The alternative is  to download the dedicated NOW TV app from the Windows Store and try using that instead

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Is the NOW TV Player helper app actually opening, or are you just clicking the play button on the NOW TV website? If the helper app doesn't open it may not be installed properly, try downloading it again from here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/download-now-tv-player

The alternative is  to download the dedicated NOW TV app from the Windows Store and try using that instead

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy 

Thanks for the heads up! I've re downloaded of the link and it seems to have done the trick.

Thanks again.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries, glad you got sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having a similar issue, ive dowloaded the now tv player, and when i click on the link in my browser to play it opens up a window "this link needs to be opened with an application send to" and i have seleceted the now tv app and when i press open link nothing happens.

I have tried re installing the app multiple times and to no avail, i have tried different browsers, crome, firefox, opera, and still nothing.

Can anyone shed some light onto this abseloute mystery?

Thanks,

Sid

RoyB
Legend

You have possibly fallen between two stools Smiley Sad

There are two ways of operating NowTV on a Windows 10 laptop; one is to start from the browser, which then needs to call on a helper Player to actually show the video.

The other is to use the NowTV app from the Microsoft Store (search for Now TV, not NowTV, to find this).

It sounds as if you might be starting from the browser, but when it calls for its helper Player, you are actually giving it the app from the Store instead, so it doesn’t work.

The trick is not to use the browser, but to start the Store app instead, which is self-contained and does everything you need to play NowTV video.

Or, if this isn’t quite your problem, download the Store app anyway, and use that exclusively; there might still be some account admin tasks you can only do in the browser (I’m not sure here), but it will play everything on your Passes.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a problem with the recent update of the Now TV player that you can download and install to use on Windows 10. It stutters every 5 minutes. So I uninstalled it and have tried the NOW TV app from windows store but it doesn't let me log in just says somethings not right. I'm going back to trying the downloadable install file and see if it's fixed with a reinstall, but it's a bit poor really. No problems with Netflix, Amazon or Disney

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, did you find a solution for this? After being unable to play any programmes I followed NOWTV instructions and reinstalled the app.  Only now I'm getting a message in the app store saying the app isn't supported in safe mode, so I cant download it.

However, following a link shared above, I've downloaded the app (weird right?) but now can't log in!

Any ideas on how to watch NOWTV on Windows 10?  There must be a lot of people with this issue surely?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Were you actually running in Safe Mode, and if so, why?

Or was this something fanciful that the app or the Store came up with all on its own?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Roy,

The message "For security and performance , Windows 10 in S mode runs Microsoft - verified app..." blah blah, pops up when I try to download the app from the NOWTV website.  Should I switch S mode off?  Doesn't that impact the security or the device?

You can tell I'm a novice!

Thanks