cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gibb
Advocate

NOW TV App closes on Windows 11

When I load up the app to watch the sport, it will open and then close immediately before loading. This is on Windows 11 and I cant seem to find a solution in the community. I am pretty sure i have used the app historically on the same laptop, but think it hasnt worked since the update. Any solutions for how to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Gibb 

‘The update’? What update, of what, when?

The PC and Mac implementations of Now have always worked for me, and still do, though I only have Windows 10. But it’s certainly supposed to work on Windows 11.

However, both implementations are famously problematic for lots of users. And there are lots of reports of issues, and some suggested solutions, if you search the Community from the box above.

But two fixed points are:-

(i) Either don’t run Bitdefender on a PC, or add the Now.exe, which is hiding in the Local/Low/Roaming areas, to its list of exclusions;

(ii) Don’t run any screen-capturing tools alongside the Now Player, on either platform. This is often complicated by you having no idea what other program or process might be doing this, or why it might be running 😢

But reboot the computer and try again, as some screen-capture stuff could be left over from an earlier session.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.