cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lordzytech
Advocate

Feature Suggestion

Please can sky/NowTV develope a NoWTV App for Windows, instead of a player window and browser window to swap between all the time.

I am visually impaired and struggle between the browser and the NoWTV viewer window.

Why do i have to install the player and keep the nowtv browser window open?

If sky go, netflix, prime tv, disney, discovery, etc. Etc. Can do it why can't NowTv?

It is an accessibility issue that has been overlooked and needs to be sorted out.

Sorry for rant.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

You don't need to open the viewer any more, it should be playing straight from the browser. So one step, rather than two. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Lordzytech Now for Windows PC has recently been updated. You no longer need the Windows app and can watch content in the browser. You don't need to switch between the two.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Watch-NOW-from-your-browser/td-p/604152

Lordzytech
Advocate

Thanks Saint1976, for your reply i don't like using the browser for streaming, i far prefer opening a windows app and viewing a stream from one place, rather than having to select a stream from the website and then it come up each time asking me to install the viewer, i open the viewer, watch the stream, get taken back to the website etc.

Its a faff. Bring back the app and viewer all in one app.

redchiz1
Champion 2

You don't need to open the viewer any more, it should be playing straight from the browser. So one step, rather than two. 

RoyB
Legend

@Lordzytech 

Have you tried it lately? If not, go and try it now, starting from the Now website in your choice of browser. You will find that it no longer starts a separate player, but plays seamlessly, entirely in the browser.

Then please come back and give us your verdict. I found a couple of infelicities in the all-browser version, and you might find them also, but they are easy to overcome.

Whatever, it’s sure as hell better than before, when it was a crapshoot as to whether the player was going to open or not.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.