cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error Code 20000

I'm getting this error code having earlier been getting a black screen.

I've turned my router off and on, turned the laptop off and on, shredded the NOWTV player using AVG and re-installed it, I've tried clearing my browser history and have tried using a different browser. I've also tried to download NOWTV player from the Windows store but it says that is unavailable. 

Is there anything else I can try?!

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem on my Mac.  I've tried in Safari and Chrome and reinstalled the NOW Player but no joy.  Going to Miss the GP and the golf.  Won't be renewing my pass as theres no guarantee I can watch the Open Golf next week.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same thing happened to me around the same time as yourself. i have gone through maybe 4 agents who have all said the same thing and have gotten nowhere! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive tried everything i can possibly think of and tried every last suggestion! All a complete waste of time...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try another browser, e.g. Firefox instead of Chrome

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried multiple reinstalls and multiple browsers and reset my BT router. Why is it that every single time the app is updated I have this problem? Why do the customers have to do the quality work and find the problems when an update is released that is not fit for purpose?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Send an email to customer support to complain. 
Address is in the below picture.

F2A7CA62-7223-4911-BBC7-6A99AE8F79F7.jpeg

My gut feeling is Windows 11 due to launch in a few months with the shift to Amazon Android apps, we won’t have to deal with the NOW player much longer.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got the same issue, malwarebytes picked up a zero day malware warning for a plugin used in the cisco videoguard that nowTV player uses.

I presume that this is my AV being overly aggressive, I would imagine that whatever antivirus you are using has quarantined nowtvplayer or elements of it, and that allowing nowtv player through your anti-virus would fix this.

However, until I know more from NowTV, I'm not sure I wish to take the risk personally.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't offer any help - just add to the narrative.  The problem started yesterday, after I downloaded an update.  I had been watching NowTV and when I finished one programme, it asked me to update when I tried to view the next episode.  The update is definately the problem.  I am using a deskop PC running Windows 10.  I can open the website but when I try to open Now TV player it is blocked by my security software.  I have deleted and reinstalled NowTV player, reset my router and tried accessing through three different browsers.  Still, Error Code 20000.  I had an online chat with an agent who told me to turn off all my security software.  The chat then cut off so I couldn't tell him what I thought of that advice!  As an experiment, I did try his advice just once.  Still Error Code 20000.  I can still watch on my teeny tiny tablet using the NowTV app, which has adverts as well as being teeny tiny as disadvantages.  I'll try reloading Now TV Player each time it updates and see if the problem resolves itself.  If it doesn't by the time I have used up my account credit, I'm back off to Netflix!

DaveG
Advocate

In the hope it might help others:

I had the same problem after signing up for streaming and the chat line suggestions didnt work. I eventually found that my realtime malware protection appeared to be blocking the NowTV app. I created an exception for:

C:\Users\[MyaccounName]\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\@sky-uk-ott\client-lib-electron-videoguard\bin\win32\gsttspplugin.dll 

and it seems to have worked for me.

Oddly I didnt have a problem on my laptop which uses the same malware protection (Malwarebytes Premium).