cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Belox86

Change stream resolution from browser player

Hi everyone,
since when i'm using  nowTv browser player (from chrome) i cannot change the stream resolution. Particularly i would like to lower the quality when using a metered connection, typically a mobile connection.

I cant believe that the player miss such a basic option. Do you know if it's possible to change it?
Thank you.
Michele

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Belox86 

Now streams at 720p, namely HD Ready, unless you have Boost, when it will stream at 1080p, namely Full HD.

No UHD though, which most people regard as a disadvantage, though for you, it’s a benefit 😛

There doesn’t seem to be any way you can turn Boost off on one device, if you have it, though, so you can’t alter the resolution that way.

But avoid subscribing to Boost, and that will help a little.

if you want to use Now on a mobile though, you need a suitable data plan 😢

But tell me, what other streaming services let you alter the resolution? I know the BBC iPlayer offers SD, but who else?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB @Belox86 

Even with boost the maximum stream quality with NOW is 720p for PCs/Macs. Have a nosy at this link.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help